Encouragement and Support Groups
During this time of social distancing, many are trying to figure out how to connect with family and friends and may have used common methods such as a phone call or a text. Have you considered establishing virtual gathering groups to encourage others? Virtual gathering groups are an easy way to “Shine Your Light”. The Messiah family would like to inspire you to establish virtual groups to encourage and support others by offering Care, Prayer, and Reminders that God is in control (CPR).
Why is it Important to Gather Virtually?
With little or no time to prepare, we’ve been propelled into social distancing to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and the general public. Drastic change to our routines, such as this, result in isolation. It can negatively impact us emotionally, spiritually, and even physically. Now more than ever, we need a way to gather safely. Why not use social media and technology to connect?
Reasons to Connect
Here are a few ideas on reasons and ways to connect. Your family and friends will love the idea of connecting and will look forward to the virtual gathering times. Most of the venues listed below are flexible and offer different methods to connect, enabling groups to tailor their experience to their preferences. For example, the group might choose to simply message one day, and another day hold a video discussion, or even start off a message that continues in a video conference.
- Daily prayer time
- Daily health check-in/chat time
- Bible study
- Weekly Sunday dinner time together
- Share Scripture(s) or a song
- Daily words of encouragement
- Share funny videos
- Celebrate – a birthday, anniversary, new baby, engagement
- Daily discussion topics
- Thanksgiving and gratitude
Here are some virtual gathering venues that are available at no cost. Additionally, overviews or “how to” set-up videos are provided.
- Facebook Groups– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGAH5X7Rfw
- GroupMe– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9YSf5Qd0Y&t=45s
- Zoom(40 minutes conference limit) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUxzrgZvZQ&t=28s
- FaceTime(Apple Device required)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLZ-egtIe0
- Google Hangout(Gmail email account required) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZ1Wyltxjo
- com– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGFsTSIsx4
Your MCC family encourages you to give it a try and have fun!! Let us know how the group(s) are progressing and how we can support you. Share your story with us! Use the hashtags #MCC #MCCstrong and/or #connectforcare on Facebook and Instagram. Please submit updates and support requests to Minister Karen Eldridge at KEldridge@messiahcc.org.