Online Campus Pastor | Part-time | Open to Remote
Messiah Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Reisterstown, MD. We are
passionate about healing, strengthening, and equipping people to impact the world through faith in Jesus Christ. Our founding Pastor, Rod Hairston, is dedicated to seeing leaders, men, and families grow spiritually and emotionally so they can fulfill the purpose God has for their lives.
We seek a passionate, innovative, and engaging individual to serve as the Online Campus Pastor. This is a part-time role and reports directly to the Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate must be able to engage well with online audiences, possess strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Online Campus Pastor is responsible for developing and leading the online campus and online membership model at Messiah Community Church. The ideal candidate will build a team of volunteers to perform essential functions of sharing information and resources, supporting the online community, and providing technical support. They will set the spiritual intensity for our online church, encouraging people across the globe to seek God’s word and community as they heal, strengthen, and are equipped as disciples for Christ. The ideal candidate must be relational. They will be responsible for meeting and engaging members of the online church campus, and must enjoy engaging people through various social media and online platforms. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Follow, empower, and take the vision of the Senior Pastor regarding the church’s execution of our
mission to heal, strengthen, and equip disciples for Christ through online service platforms
– Research, establish, and lead the online campus. The model should include service elements each week, logistical support for online campus volunteers, follow up for online guests, and necessary touchpoints with physical campus ministries for seamless communication.
– Host online campus services and discipleship gatherings
– Develop procedures, processes for clear, consistent communication between volunteers, online
guests and physical ministry liaisons (Café, START, Discipleship, Family Life Ministries, etc.)
– Streamline the online assimilation process to the Café and Start experience, and discipleship
efforts with the appropriate ministry team leads/liaisons
– Build awareness of online campus through social media and other avenues deemed necessary
by the Communications Department
– Develop and manage processes for spiritual care for the online community including but not
limited to baptism, baby dedications, outreach and/or funerals.
– Work collaboratively with the Worship, Communications, Family Life, Outreach, Café, Start,
Discipleship, and Serve to Grow teams to digitize programs and resources to offer online and
virtual options to our online community
– Setup and schedule online campus events with guidance and in collaboration with the
– Develop, capture, and analyze key digital analytics data as it relates to the online campus.
– Maintaining a consistently reported dashboard will be key.
– Must be a member in good standing at Messiah Community Church, or be willing to become a
member in good standing
– Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and mission of Messiah
– Superior verbal and written communication skills
– Experience with relationship management
– Basic knowledge of HTML and web development best practices and principles
– Must have experience collecting and analyzing digital analytics
– Prefer applicants with high level of comfort updating and managing web content with WordPress
– Hands-on experience with basic video editing and/or graphic design preferred
– High degree of flexibility and adaptability
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– A proactive approach to problem-solving
– Highly developed critical analysis and decision-making skills
– Ability to effectively multitask and reprioritize projects and tasks
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
– An enjoyment of relational ministry, including but not limited to hosting community events
– Some evenings and weekends required
– Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
– Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor
– Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and/or licensed minister strongly preferred
– Requires expert-level knowledge in the management of the following platforms: Facebook
Producer, Facebook Live, Facebook Groups, YouTube Live, Church Online Platform, Instagram
– Nonprofit experience highly valued
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and any relevant video or digital samples not to exceed 5 minutes. The cover letter should outline the minimum and additional qualifications you possess, as well as address how you will use those qualifications to excel as an Online Campus Pastor. Materials may be emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.